The Rebranding of the Google Maps Streetview is LaunchedPosted at 21st September 2015 by Tim Bidder on category 360º Tours
The long awaited rebranding of the Google Maps Streetview is launched.
A summary of the changes include the following:
- Google Views, the platform for hosting photos and Panorama images, is merged into Google Maps
- Google Business View to be rebranded as Google Street View|Trusted
- Only certified Street View |Trusted photographers will be able to upload linked photosphere tours of business’ with the ‘See Inside’ thumbnail shown on the knowledge card.
- Individual photospheres can be taken and uploaded via the Maps App in conjunction with a compatible camera. Currently the only one to do this is the soon to be released Iris 360.
- Individual photospheres taken with a DSLR camera and stitched can still be uploaded.